The Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper is available FREE during Sale-A-Bration when you purchase $50 in Stampin’ Up! products. Today’s card shows off just one of the patterns.
Once I chose the pattern I wanted to use, the color scheme was set. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do and got started putting the card together. I was so intent on designing the front of the card, that I didn’t notice my mistake until the front was complete and I opened the card. The front of the card was either upside down or it has to be opened backwards.
Have you ever done this?
After laughing at myself, I decided to go ahead and use the card. I know my friend will get a chuckle out of my upside down/backwards mistake. The moral of the story: check to be sure the fold of the card base is on the left when making a portrait style card.
Paper: Sahara Sand card base 5 ½” X 8 ½” (121043)
Summer Starfruit 2 ½” X 4” and 1 ¾” X 2 ¼” (126839)
Whisper White 1 ¾” X 2 ¼” and 2” X 4” (100730)
Basic Black 2” circle and 1 ¾” X 2 ¼” (121045)
Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (SAB 133521) 2 ¾” X 4”
Stamp Sets: Petal Parade (SAB 133602)
Cycle Celebration (130273)
Ink: Basic Black (126980), Summer Starfruit (126991), Calypso Coral (126983), Soft Sky (131181)
Markers: Summer Starfruit (from 2012-2014 In Color collection 126856)
Soft Sky and Calypso Coral (from Subtles collection 131263), Sahara Sand (from Neutrals collection 131261)
Accessories: 2 ½” Circle Punch (120906), 1 ¼” Scallop Circle Punch (127811), Decorative Label Punch (120907)
Summer Starfruit ⅜” Stitched Satin Ribbon (126846) ~ 12”
Crystal Effect (101055)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Adhesive of choice
- Cut and score the card base.
- Adhere the Summer Starfruit card stock to the bottom of the front of the card base and the Sweet Sorbet DSP to the top of the card base.
- Adhere a piece of ribbon across seam.
- Punch out Basic Black circle and attach to left side with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp flowers from Petal Parade stamp set onto Whisper White card stock (2” X 4”): 1 each, Soft Sky ink, Calypso Coral ink, and Summer Starfruit ink.
- Punch out the flowers with the scallop circle punch.
- Adhere to the Basic Black circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tie a bow and attach with Mini Glue Dots to the right of the Basic Black circle.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday to You!” from Cycle Celebration in Basic Black ink to the bottom of the card front.
- To complete the inside of the card:
- Color “Celebrate a Sweet Birthday” stamp with markers and stamp onto Whisper White card stock.
- Punch out the message with the Decorative Label punch
- Punch out a second Decorative Label from the Summer Starfruit card stock
- Cut the second label into quarters diagonally.
- Mat the pieces to the back of the first label with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then adhere to the inside of your card.
- The last thing you want to do is add a little Crystal Effects to the center of each flower on the front. Be sure to let this dry thoroughly before handling.
Here is a sketch to work from. Change up the colors, designer series paper, and embellishments to create your own look.