A quick post today of this Masculine Birthday Card.
This simple layout with minimum layering can be used for many occasions. Change up the color scheme and you will get a completely different card.
Notice the bright spots on the photos of the card. I took the pictures outdoors in wonderful, sunny California on our recent trip out of rain country.
Very Vanilla card stock (101650) 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″, 2” square
Crushed Curry card stock (131199) 1” X 4”
Bermuda Bay card stock (131197) 1 ¼” X 4 ½”
Cajun Craze card stock (119684) 1 ½” X 5”, 2” square
Label Love (130622)
Bring on the Cake (121958)
Field Flowers (128583)
Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad (131171)
Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad (126965)
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad (131173)
Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Marker (131262)*
Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker (131259)**
Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Marker (131262)*
Artisan Label punch (130920)
1 3/4″ Circle Punch (119850)
Clear Block B (1 5/8″ X 1 5/16″) (117147)
Square Lattice TIEF (119976)
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
- Score and fold Very Vanilla card stock to form card base.
- Notch one end of the Cajun Craze, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry strips of card stock
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the three strips together.
- Insert the three layers into the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot.
- Adhere the embossed layers to the left side of the card base.
- Use the Clear Block (B) to place three blocks of color along the right side of the card base. I stamped off some of the color especially with the Cajun Craze. Experiment on scrap paper until you get the amount of color you want.
- Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place and stamp the flower from Field Flowers over the stamped blocks using Cajun Craze ink.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday to you!” from Label Love onto Very Vanilla card stock with Cajun Craze ink.
- Punch out with the Artisan Label punch.
- Punch a circle out of Cajun Craze card stock with the 1 ¾” Circle Punch.
- Adhere the sentiment onto the Cajun Craze circle and mount on the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I used the Markers to color the cake image and message and used the Cajun Craze ink pad to stamp “wish BIG” hand on the left inside of the card.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. If you are inspired, please leave a comment about the Masculine Birthday Card.